Recognizing the common challenges faced by companies managing digital signage in their offices—limited internal staff, time constraints, and a tendency to resort to static images or unattractive PowerPoint slides—our ambitious goal with ScreenFuture was clear. As the leader spearheading this vision, I directed engineering resources and collaborated closely with AV partners to handle seamless installations for our clients. The objective was to create a product that unfailingly produced gorgeous designs, requiring zero effort from the customer. This vision drove the strategic design of ScreenFuture, ensuring a seamless and visually striking digital signage solution for corporate environments.
SCREENFUTURE: DIGITAL SIGNAGE SAAS PLATFORM
In directing the development of ScreenFuture, I led the effort to analyze competitor UI features and collaborated closely with developers to refine our product’s interface, prioritizing essential features for an intuitive user experience. Drawing inspiration from competitor offerings, our goal was to craft a digital signage platform that seamlessly addressed the pain points identified during interviews with A/V partners and their customers:
- Preference for Google Chromeboxes: Recognizing IT teams’ avoidance of proprietary hardware, we prioritized Google Chromeboxes for their enterprise-level management features.
- Empowering Non-Technical Employees: Understanding the need for non-technical employees to independently access and edit screens, we aimed to eliminate dependencies on IT or Operations assistance.
- Modern Display Pairing and User Management: Responding to IT teams’ preferences, we integrated modern display pairing, sign deployment, and user management features, including robust single sign-on support.
- Cloud Solutions Over Custom Apps: Acknowledging the inclination towards cloud solutions for reduced support, we strategically opted for this approach over custom apps.
- Empowering Employees for On-Brand Content: Focusing on user independence, our design aimed to enable employees to create on-brand content effortlessly, reducing reliance on Marketing or external vendors.
Additionally, substantial focus was placed on optimizing the installation process, streamlining it to enhance efficiency. Notably, efforts were made to eliminate unnecessary complexities, such as the traditional method of generating a PIN on a mobile device and manually entering it into the signage UI to sync the hardware with ScreenFuture. This strategic refinement aimed to simplify the installation process, ensuring a seamless and user-friendly setup for our clients.
ScreenFuture solves all of these problems by providing a simple interface, strict user management, brand controls, eliminates the need for a custom app and display pairing, and runs beautifully on inexpensive Chromeboxes.
The product is installed at multiple locations across the U.S. and continues to gain traction with small business owners. Images shown are examples of the playlist management screen and sign template examples.