This blog, founded on June 1, 2004, is written and produced by Matt Binkowski.
Matt and baby Elise
1. I have been happily married for 14 years to my best friend, partner in crime, and all around love of my life.
2. My daughter Elise is perfectly cute, funny and smart as a whip. My baby boy Miles crashed the party on November 29, 2008.
3. I collect old Apple hardware:
- 1 Apple Pippin (Developer’s Edition)
- 1 Emate
- 2 Newtons (130 and 2100)
- 1 Interactive TV Prototype.
4. I started playing guitar when I was age 15.
5. My hollow-body aluminum strat was hand-built by a gifter luthier, Tom Murray.
6. I’ve driven a Wrangler over log piles, shale beaches, large boulders, through flooded trails, on the Rubicon Trail and the Chrysler Proving Grounds.
7. I like to think I’m a good painter and draftsman.
8. My dog lives on a 20 acre ranch in California and I miss him every day.
9. I lost my home, job, friends and savings thanks to the financial collapse in 2009 but somehow we were rescued and my family is okay.
10. I need to be challenged wherever I work.
11. If I’m watching a band is playing at a bar, I get nervous because I’ll feel like I’m up next.
12. My favorite color was blue and now it’s red.
13. I am an Eagle Scout and once won the Summer Camp-wide Archery competition.
14. I think Flash is the least usable application a designer has to deal with.
15. I used to live in California during the big internet boom and I miss that optimistic culture.
16. I rarely use my iPod Newton.
17. I love my iPod iPhone.
18. I find my Newton iPhone more useful than my iPod Newton.
19. I once fell from the roof of my Mom and Dad’s house and I didn’t get hurt.
20. I’ve never broken or sprained anything.
21. I once camped outside for 24 hours while it was 10 degrees below 0.
22. I once played in a band described by the Metro Times as “Detroit’s most offensive hardcore band.”
23. I took that as a compliment.
24. I loved playing in that band because our live shows were so crazy.
25. I painted three life-size oil portraits of my friends for my senior thesis in art school.
26. My college band performed a show in front of AC/DC’s lead singer and 800 high school kids. (it was so odd to see Brian Johnson just 30 feet away from me watching us play.)
27. There’s something comforting to me about a buddy list that makes me think I’m able to keep up with friends.
28. I take other people’s old Macintosh computers when they mention throwing them out because in some weird way it feels wrong.
29. I am determined to create my own OS X iPhone app.
30. I bought a Jeep so I could learn how to take it apart.
31. I hate being bored.
32. I have a good way of being calm in hairy situations.
33. I can’t cook anything except Crazy Pancakes.
34. Even those don’t turn out very well every time.
35. I wish Google Maps was able to send info to my Newton.
36. I’m somewhat addicted to the news, especially during election years.
37. I can’t watch CNN for very long before it stresses me out.
38. I once hiked over 100 miles in 1 week in New Mexico while carrying a backpack that weighed over 40 pounds.
39. I only drive the speed limit when I drive with my family.
40. I can draw Dora the Explorer.
41. I really can’t stand Dora the Explorer. I’m really learning to like Dora now that my daughter is so caught up in the Disney princesses who need to be married in order to “be complete.”
42. I can do all of the Winnie the Pooh voices.
43. I drink too much coffee and not enough water. Too personal? Maybe…
44. My first guitar teacher taught me Puff the Magic Dragon. Then I quit and learned how to play by listening to the radio.
45. The first record I ever bought was Survivor’s Eye of the Tiger.
46. The last record I ever bought was Survivor’s Eye of the Tiger.
47. My favorite movie is Better Off Dead.
48. I have a bad habit of rejecting bands the first time I hear them…and then reject them again a few months later…eventually listening to them religiously about a year down the road.
49. I’ve taken over 8,000 photos and 300 movie clips of my family.
50. I am amazed you made it all the way to the end of this list.
——- DISCLAIMERS ——-
The owner of this blog reserves the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to this blog without notice due to;
1. Comments deemed to be spam or questionable spam
2. Comments including profanity
3. Comments containing language or concepts that could be deemed offensive
4. Comments that attack a person individually
Terms and Conditions
All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
This policy is subject to change at anytime.