Category Archives: All Things Apple
My quick thoughts on where Siri could/might go, and some questions that are yet to be answered by Apple.
- Why, when Siri is activated, does she beep twice rather than greeting you with speech? (ie hello name)
- If Siri gets its own API, will it be strangely reminiscent of AppleScript?
- At what point will some apps become more useful via Siri than having their own dedicated UI?
- Will developers be charged an access fee if they call on Siri for advanced actions?
- Will Siri be able to communicate with Siri on another device? For example can a user ask an iPhone based Siri to delegate to multiple decision based devices?
- Will system wide integration be the first step toward the duplication of key app functions that might force them to fade away, for example tweeting?
- Will Siri learn to interpret data so that she can recommend products to you? Birthdays and anniversaries come to mind.
- If Siri is fluent in other languages, will she eventually teach them to the user?